Do you know there are over 20,000 cryptocurrencies listed on CoinMarketCap and 500+ crypto exchanges? Unfortunately, 99% of altcoins are not listed on Canadian crypto exchanges, which makes them difficult and confusing to purchase.
If you're new to crypto, you might have trouble buying various altcoins because it’s so complicated. In the video below, I share 6 apps I use that let me buy any of the 20,000+ tokens out there. This is a resource I wish I had when I was starting out. I hope you find it useful for navigating the crypto world.
Sign up for a Canadian (local) Exchange
This will act as your main fiat on-ramp and off-ramp.
- Option 1: Newton is my top recommendation for Canadians - Get $25 free when you trade $100
- Option 2: NDAX is for Canadians who want advanced trading - Get $15 free when you deposit $100
Sign up for a Global Altcoin Exchange
This will get you access to 100's or 1000's of altcoins that can't be traded on the Canadian (local) exchanges. Whether you want to buy popular altcoins like Cardano or lesser-known picks like StepN, an altcoin exchange will give you the most variety of tokens and highest liquidity.
- Option 1: Binance - Get10% off trading fees forever (Unavailable in Ontario)
- Option 2: Kucoin - Get 10% off trading fees forever (Available in Ontario)
- Option 3: See our Best Canadian Altcoin Exchanges
Wallets and Decentralized Exchanges
Decentralized exchanges allow anyone in the world with a crypto wallet to trade thousands of atlcoins freely and anonymously. Here are some of the most popular options below.