How to Bridge to Starknet (TLDR)
- Create a Starknet wallet (ArgentX is the most popular)
- Choose a Starknet bridge (Rango supports the most blockchains)
- Visit the bridge and connect your Starknet and non-Starknet wallet (such as MetaMask)
- Choose the amount and network you want to send funds from (eg. ETH, BSC, ARB)
- Select the network you want to send to and token you want to receive. In this case, Starknet and ETH
- Review and confirm the transaction
What Are The Fees?
When bridging funds to Starknet, you will incur network fees which vary from blockchain to blockchain. For instance, bridging from Ethereum to Starknet can cost $5 to $30, depending how busy the Ethereum network is. However, bridging from Layer 2 blockchains like Arbitrum or Optimism will only cost one dollar or less.
Once your funds are on Starknet, transaction fees will range from $0.30 to $1.50. According to Starkscan and their fees tracker, the average fee on Starknet in the latest block was $1.21 USD (Jan 9, 2023).
List Of Starknet Bridges
Here are some of the most popular Starknet bridges:
1. Rango Exchange
Rango is the best Starknet bridge I found because it will compare rates on multiple Starknet bridges to give you the best prices. It checks routes on every bridge listed in this post such as Starkgate and Orbiter so you can choose the best quote.
It also supports 60+ blockchains, which is more than any bridge on this list, allowing you to send funds from almost every network. You can send funds from Ethereum and Optimism and even non-EVM chains like Solana and Bitcoin.
How To Use It
- Go to https://rango.vip/a/JA5tD9 and connect your non-Starknet wallet
- Then click the "Plus" icon in the top right and connect your Starknet wallet
- In the "From" section, select the token, network, and amount you want to send
- In the "To" section, select "Starknet" and "ETH"
- Rango will show you the best quote at the bottom. If you like it, click "Swap" or click the refresh icon to find a new route.
- Click "Swap" and confirm in your wallet. Keep Rango open until the funds arrive.
If you're seeing an error, you can click the "refresh route" icon next to the settings button. Click it as many times until Rango gives you a route that you like. Lastly, if it's your first time using Starknet, make sure to select the "ETH" token to receive ETH on Starknet so you can pay for gas fees.
RhinoFi is a Layer 2 cross-chain bridge that supports 15+ major chains like Ethereum, Polygon, and opBNB. They've attracted 1+ million wallets, $2.3B in total volume, and over 48M transactions. While it doesn't have as many networks as Rango, it's a good alternative and fast bridge with transactions under 60 seconds.
How To Use It
- Go to RhinoFi and connect your non-Starknet wallet in the top right
- Select the token, network, and amount you want to send from
- Select "Starknet" in the receive section
- Click "Connect to Starknet" and connect your wallet
- Review and approve your transaction
If you want to bridge from Ethereum to Starknet using the official bridge, StarkGate is the native bridge built by Starkware. Keep in mind it only supports the Ethereum network. If you select one of the other chains from the dropdown, it will recommend the other bridges listed in this article.
How To Use It
- Go to https://starkgate.starknet.io/
- Connect both your Starknet and Ethereum wallet
- Enter the amount you want to bridge
- Click "Transfer" and confirm the transaction
What Is Starknet?
Starknet is a Layer-2 scaling solution for Ethereum that uses ZK-rollup technology. It offers speedier, lower cost transactions while using the underlying security of Ethereum. As of this writing, Starknet has over 91M total transactions, hundreds of dapps being developed, and it was built by Starkware, who has an impressive list of partners you can find on their website.
Bridging to Starknet is very straightforward if you know how to use a crypto wallet. Just choose a bridge, connect your Starknet wallet and non-Starknet wallet, and fill out the fields. The transfer should only take a couple minutes or less. Just make sure you receive some ETH so you can pay for gas fees on Starknet.
How Do You Bridge Out Of Starknet?
You can bridge funds out of Starknet using all of the bridges listed above. Just select the blockchain you want to transfer funds to and then confirm the transaction in your wallet.