List of Features:
- iOS, Android and Web app
- 250+ Cryptocurrencies
- Instant Buy and Sell
- Exchange (Pro Platform and separate app)
- Recurring Purchases
- Crypto Earn
- Metal Visa Cards
- Cronos (their own native token)
- NFT Marketplace
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Lending & Borrowing
- DeFi Wallet (separate app)
- Referral Program
- And More
1. iOS and Android App
Crypto.com is a mobile-only app available on iOS and Google Play. All trades are market orders and the user-interface can be a little tricky to navigate. There is a web version available for the Crypto.com Exchange which is their professional platform.
3. Recurring Buys
Dollar cost average your way into the market with automatic, scheduled purchases. It's available for a handful of cryptocurrencies and payment methods include fiat, crypto or credit card. You can customize the day of the weeek and frequency (daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly).
4. Exchange (Advanced Trading)
The Crypto.com Exchange is their pro trading platform that is separate from the mobile app. On it, you have access to a live order book, technical charting tools and indicators via TradingView, market orders, limit orders and stop-limit orders.
You can also access other features like The Syndicate (token fundraising platform), Trading Arena (battles and competitions), a referral program and more.
5. Crypto.com Earn
Put your crypto to work and start earning interest. The way it works is Crypto.com pays you rewards from income that they make from their other products and services. Here are some more details:
- 50+ coins available
- Rewards from 0.50%-12.50% p.a. (most of them are around 1%-3%)
- Receive rewards every 7 days
- 3 Levels: Flexible (withdraw anytime), 1 month and 3 month terms
- Rose Gold, Icy White or Obsidian cardholders get a 2% CRO bonus
You can compare interest rates on other platforms that let you earn rewards or stake such as Kraken, KuCoin and FTX.
6. Metal Visa Cards
One of their main features is the prepaid crypto credit cards in partnership with Visa. At the time of this writing, they offer 5 different card tiers that offer 1% to 8% cashback in CRO on your purchases.
The rewards are fantastic and can include up to 8% cashback, free Netflix, Spotify and more. The downside is it's very expensive to get the highest rewards. Only 1 card is free (which gives 1% cashback) and the rest require you to stake $400-$400,000 of CRO to get the higher tiers.
7. Cronos (Utility Token)
Crypto.com has its own utility token, Cronos, which powers many features on the platform. Owning Cronos can provide higher staking rewards, reduced transaction fees, better Visa rewards and more.
8. NFT Marketplace
- Buy, sell, and showcase NFTs
- Brands like UFC, Aston Martin, and more
- Join live drops or trade on the marketplace
Supercharger is similar to Earn but has limited time promotions. It's a liquidity mining platform that lets you easily mine popular DeFi tokens and earn up to 75% APY.
To get started, you can deposit Cronos into the pool to start earning a specific token. Then, you can withdraw at any time. You will receive rewards in your account daily.
10. Lending & Borrowing
11. Crypto Pay
Earn rewards and extra cash back by buying gift cards, sending crypto to friends, or topping up your prepaid phone with crypto.
12. Crypto.com University
Crypto.com launched their "University" which is a new learn and earn program. Users can go through a series of short blockchain articles, quizzes and missions to earn rewards. You will be rewarded in Diamonds which can be exchanged for NFTs, merchandise, experiences, and even a CRO mystery box. One of the experiences includes a PSG stadium tour for 3,000 diamonds.
13. Other Features
- Futures Trading (on the Exchange)
- Referral Program
- Create Watchlists
- DeFi Wallet (separate app)
- Light Mode/Dark Mode
- Price Alerts
- Research Center
- News from inside the app
Company Security Features
- They claim 100% of users funds are held in offline cold storage using Ledger Vault
- $750 million cold storage insurance policy for physical damage and third-party theft
- KYC required (must prove identity to trade)
- Dedicated team to monitor for suspicious transactions
- Software is peer reviewed before being updated
- Employees take security awareness and privacy training
- Bug bounty program - get paid to find hacks and vulnerabilities
- Good reputation - partnerships with Visa, Formula 1, UFC and many more which adds legitimacy
- See their security page for more
User Security Features
- 2 Factor Authentication (via app like Google Authenticator, Authy, etc)
- Optional passcode when opening app
- Biometric login (eg: face ID, touch ID)
- Create Anti-Phishing code to identify legitimate emails
- Set up address whitelists
- View live status in real-time
Can You Trust Them?
Yes, Crypto.com is considered a safe crypto exchange. They hold crypto in cold storage, have a $750 million insurance policy and offer 2FA, address whitelisting and many other security features.
⚠️ Although Crypto.com is safe, over 50% of platforms we tested have had hacks or incidents in the past. We strongly recommend storing and protecting your crypto on a non-custodial wallet where you own the private keys. Preferably, a reputable hardware wallet like the Ledger Nano X.
You can easily contact Crypto.com customer support from inside the mobile app. They are available 24/7 and it says they typically respond within a few hours. In addition, they have a detailed knowledge base with FAQs, articles and walkthroughs. There is also a live status page where you can view incidents in real-time.