Coinbase Pro lets you trade digital assets for lower spreads and with more advanced features than on Coinbase.com.
The Pro platform offers it's own web app and mobile app but still uses the same login as Coinbase.com for easy access.
Coinbase was founded in 2012 and has over 89+ million registered users around the world. It is considered one of the largest and safest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. It's also a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ.
Coinbase Pro is one of the most simple and minimal trading platforms we have found. However, you can find lots of extra extra features on the regular Coinbase exchange. Here is an overview of Coinbase Pro:
1. iOS, Android and Web App
Coinbase Pro has its own website and apps that are separate from Coinbase. However, you can still use the same login credentials.
Company Security Features
- 98% of assets are held in cold storage
- $255 million insurance policy on the 2% of crypto held in online hot wallets
- Publicly traded company (COIN) which means regular financial audits and an added layer of safety
- Sensitive data is stored on paper backups and USB drives in vaults and multiple locations
- Coinbase claims all personal information is encrypted
- Employees must pass a criminal background check
- Bug bounty program - white-hat hackers get paid to find security bugs and vulnerabilities
- See their security page for more
User Security Features
Can You Trust Them?
Yes, Coinbase is one of the safest cryptocurrency exchanges. They have many security features like 2FA, crypto in cold storage, a $255M insurance policy, and more. They're also a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ which means regular audits, public financials and an added layer of safety.
⚠️ Although this platform is safe, over 50% of platforms we tested have had hacks or incidents in the past. We strongly recommend storing and protecting your crypto on a non-custodial wallet where you own the private keys. Preferably, a reputable hardware wallet like the Ledger Nano X.
Coinbase Pro has its own help desk section with articles and FAQs. Everything is done through the Coinbase.com site. You have a live chat that says "an agent should reply within 10 minutes" during business hours and phone support. You can also see a live website status in real-time.