Netcoins is a Canadian cryptocurrency exchange for beginners with fast setup, 20+ coins and free deposits. The platform is built for beginners and has been serving Canadians since 2014.
They are also owned by a publicly traded company called BIGG Digital Assets which adds a layer of safety and reputation.
What Is The Netcoins Card?
Netcoins Pay lets you earn 1% Bitcoin cash back every time to you spend money. It is one of the first rewards cards that lets Canadians start earning Bitcoin on everyday purchases.
The card is a prepaid visa so it works like a debit card but rewards you like a credit card.
- Sign up for Netcoins
- Deposit Canadian dollars into your account
- Spend your card in-person or online
- Rewards will be deposited into your account once a month
Signing up for Netcoins requires KYC (proving your identity). This is required by law so make sure to have your ID with you. However, the process is quick and takes about 5 minutes. Most accounts will be automatically verified.
Who Is Eligible?
- Canadian residents except for the province of Quebec
- *No credit check or minimum income is required
Sign Up Requirements
- Phone number
- Government Issued Photo ID
- Proof of residency
- Selfie upload
1% Unlimited Cash Back
Get 1% cash back with no limits to how much you can earn. During your first 90 days, you will earn 3% cash back with a cap of $100 earned.
Virtual & Physical Card
Your virtual card will be available instantly and can be used with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay. Your physical card will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
Visa Zero Liability Policy
The Netcoins Card comes with Visa Zero Liability protection which says you're protected against loss, theft, or unauthorized use of the card.
Other Netcoins Features
- Trade 20+ cryptocurrencies
- Referral program
- USD and CAD support
- See our full Netcoins Review
Is Netcoins Trustworthy?
Yes, Netcoins is a safe company. They offer 2FA, are owned by a publicly traded company, and have never had any hacks or incidents (founded in 2014). View all security features in our Netcoins review.
Is The Netcoins Card Insured?
According to the Cardholder Agreement, the Netcoins Card has a Visa Zero Liability Policy which protects against loss, theft, or unauthorized use. The website says, "you will not be liable for any unauthorized use of the card." However, the funds in your Netcoins account are not CDIC insured.
Currently, there are only 3 cards in Canada that let you earn Bitcoin and 5 that let you earn crypto. There are not many alternatives but the Netcoins Card offers unlimited 1% cash back with no annual fees.
Reasons to get the Netcoins Card:
- Great sign up bonuses
- Owned by a publicly traded company which adds a layer of safety
- Unlimited 1% cash back paid out in Bitcoin
- No annual fees or deposit/withdrawal fees
Reasons to get something else:
- Payouts are once a month. The Shakepay and Crypto.com Visas have payouts in 24-48 hours
- Better cash back rewards and perks are available. Eg: Crypto.com Cards offers 1%-5% cash back
- If you want to build your credit score, find a regular rewards credit card